Our hearts and prayers are with all of those affected by this devastating storm along the Gulf Coast. Record-breaking rainfall swamped over 50 counties with over 30,000 people forced to evacuate their homes. Throughout all the devastation this storm has brought, we as Texans continue to be there for one another. Please see the full list of recovery resources below, and as always visit your local county website for up to date information for your county specifically!
Please be sure to Check For Roadway Closure before traveling, and keep a full tank of gas as we are on a limited supply with the strained distribution system and the shut down of Texas and Louisiana refineries.
How to make an Insurance claim:
Any insurance related questions please refer to Texas Department of Insurance
- AmTrust: 972-788-6001 or Report Claim Here
- American Bankers 1-800-654-4895
- GuideOne: 888-748-4326
- Hartford Claims 1-800-243-5860
- Hartford Flood 1-800-759-8656
- Kemper Claims 1-888-252-2799
- Liberty Mutual (America First): 877-263-7890 or Report Claim Here
- Progressive claims 1-800-876-5581 or Report Claim Here
- Philadelphia: 1-800-765-9749 or Report Claim Here
- Republic Customer service 1-800-344-2275
- Safeco customer service 1-800- 332-3226
- Texas Mutual: 800-892-5246 or Report Claim Here
- Texas Windstorm Insurance Association: 800-788-8247 or Report Claim Here
- The Hartford: 800-327-3636 or Report Claim Here
- Travelers: 800-238-6225 or Report Claim Here
- Utica National: 800-216-1420 or Report Claim Here
- Wright Flood: 1.800.725.9472 or Report Claim Here
If you do not have Flood Insurance:
- Register with FEMA Here
- File for the Disaster Assistance & Emergency Relief Program, and file your Publication 547 Form with the IRS.
- Apply for Rebuild Houston Together
To Donate Monies to those affected:
- The JJ Watt Foundation
- Texas Association of Realtors Disaster Relief Fund
- American Red Cross: 1- 800-RED CROSS, on their website or text the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation
- The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund of Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
- Salvation Army
- Houston Food Bank
- Save the Children is delivering baby supplies, including cribs and strollers, and setting up child-friendly spaces in shelters
- The State of Texas Agriculture Relief fund (STAR fund) is collecting private dollars to help Texas farmers and ranchers recover from Hurricane Harvey
- Volunteers can sign up for trips to the affected area through organizations like Samaritan’s Purse, GivePulse, Coastal Bend Disaster Recovery Group, Team Rubicon and Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster.
- Volunteer Houston has launched a virtual Volunteer Reception Center to aid nonprofit agencies in flood relief efforts. More information here.
- If you’re a chef, sign up to cook for victims in Houston.
- If you are a health or mental health professional, sign up with the Red Cross to deploy to affected areas.
- Remote Area Medical is seeking medical personnel, as well as general support and supplies, to help with rescue efforts. Contact RAM at email@example.com or 865-579-1530.
- The Red Cross is seeking musicians to play at Austin-area evacuation shelters.
- The State Bar of Texas has a legal hotline to help people — specifically low-income Texans — with issues such as replacing lost documents and answering insurance questions. They also started a disaster relief volunteer form, which attorneys licensed in Texas can fill out here.
Unable to Work because of the Storm?
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is accepting applications for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) in 11 additional counties as a result of severe weather due to Hurricane Harvey. Individuals whose employment or self-employment was impacted by Hurricane Harvey may now apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance, but you must apply for benefits by September 27, 2017. Applications can be taken online through Unemployment Benefit Services or by calling a TWC Tele-Center Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at 800-939-6631